Our full time MBA delivers experience-based learning. You will develop a universal skill set that includes leadership, critical thinking and collaboration. Using traditional and real-time action learning, our MBA will transform you into a business leader of tomorrow.
97% of Business and Management Studies research outputs internationally recognised.
Research Excellence Framework 2014
Business and Management Studies 14th in UK for research power.
Research Excellence Framework 2014
Our course offers an immersive experience that enables you to push beyond your boundaries. You will focus on developing the capabilities you need to be competitive in any industry or entrepreneurial venture. You will work to improve your performance and gain business knowledge and skills. You can apply the knowledge and skills that you develop to your own career management.
We combine an intensive learning experience with business practice. We also provide a solid foundation in business and management. Through studying the foundations of core business disciplines you will broaden your management perspective. We place particular emphasis on global business.
Your route to transformation
We will support your development throughout the MBA. You will work with our staff and dedicated MBA Careers Adviser to set your personal and professional development plan. You will enjoy:
- skills enhancement workshops
- career planning and development
- personality testing
- leadership development
- an introduction to coaching and mentoring
- an enhanced understanding of career values and ethics drivers
A hands-on approach to learning
We offer an innovative approach to management education. You will experience real-time action learning, enabling you to consolidate your skills and knowledge. You will apply what you learn to real operational and strategic issues within a constrained time frame. Sessions take place at various points throughout your MBA journey. You will also enjoy:
- online resources
- guest speakers
- visits to industry
Explore complex business situations
We also offer an introduction to consultancy with real clients and organisations. You will have the opportunity to take risks in a safe environment with support and guidance from colleagues and our academic team.
Working in teams, you will apply your problem-solving and consulting skills to a live project. The client organisation will brief you and you will deliver a solution to an issue they are experiencing.
Practitioner and research led teaching
Profiles of academic staff who teach on this course:
- Professor Stephen Hughes
- Dr Tom McGovern
- Prof Fred Lemke
- Dr Aly Salama
- Professor Alastair Nicholson
- Dr Colin Ashurst
- Mrs Juli Campey
- Professor Stephen Procter
- Professor Iain Munro
- Professor Alan Murray
- Dr Bo Che
- Mr Richard Dacosta
- Dr Hanna Bahemia
- Professor Rob Wilson
You will engage in our learning environment through a mixture of:
- case studies
- business simulations
This will reinforce your business acumen and allow you to share your business experience.
Customise your MBA
You are able to choose from a wide selection of elective modules. This gives you the chance to tailor your MBA to suit your interests and career objectives.
Major project or dissertation
You will embark on a significant individual project which you will deliver as a written report. You can choose from a range of project options to ensure that you can apply your learning to great effect.
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold triple accreditation. Our Business School is part of this elite group and this accolade is a huge endorsement. It reflects the investments we make for our students through providing:
- a high quality teaching environment
- innovative programming
- active engagement with industry
AMBA is the world's only MBA-specific accrediting organisation. AMBA accreditation shows that our MBA portfolio meets rigorous international standards for MBA education. This ensures that you will:
- study with experienced peers
- have enough contact time to develop long-term international relationships with your fellow students
- be part of a thriving global network of over 31,000 graduates that unites opportunities, people and cultures
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University. We have over 3,500 students representing over 93 nationalities. Our location and modern design creates a dynamic centre point for a valuable network of:
- regional, national and international thought leaders
- leading professions
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub and Base providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary cafe
View some of the Business School facilities.