Our Hydrology and Water Management MSc gives you the theoretical and practical skills for a career in water and environmental industries.
About this course
Our Hydrology and water Management MSc provides you with the opportunity to understand water and its:
You’ll choose one of our specialist pathways to enhance your knowledge, including:
- climate change
- catchment hydrology and instrumentation
- flood risk management.
What you'll learn
You’ll be able to understand:
- key subject areas such as hydrology and hydraulics
- the theoretical basis for methods of analysis and modelling
- the regulatory and socio-economic aspects of water management
- specific examples of water management, drawing on examples from developing and industrialised countries.
On completion of the course, you will have developed intellectual and practical skills relevant to industry including:
- apply appropriate mathematical methods for modelling and analysing relevant problems
- use scientific principles to develop mathematical and environmental solutions to practical problems
- create new products or methodologies by combining ideas from a wide range of sources
- planning, executing and reporting research projects
- designing water infrastructure schemes
- use of instrumentation, IT tools and hydroinformatic technologies.