Our E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc combines e-business with marketing, sales and customer service to address the customer relationship cycle. You will study topics ranging from e-sales to campaign management and online self-service. The course examines in detail how technology, business, entrepreneurship and people factors affect the success of e-marketing efforts.
E-business success combines leading technologies, long-term business strategies, entrepreneurial capacity to implement strategies through technology and the alignment of peoples' behaviour inside and outside the organisation.
Successful strategies include marketing, sales and service to address the full customer relationship cycle. For example, Amazon markets products based on the tracking of consumer activities on the Internet. Following a transaction, staff must be able to solve or escalate issues at any point of the interaction. All this relies on fully integrated systems, the cohesive work of different functional areas and a strong customer-centric culture.
Through the course you will develop knowledge of:
- the business value of contemporary technologies
- your personal development as an entrepreneur and intrapreneur
- the feasibility of disruptive e-business models
- business planning and new ventures
- the link between business strategy and systems
- business processes, such as the ones involving clients and suppliers
- the management and development of e-business systems
- the marketing function in organisations
- customer relationship management
- the strategic use of the Internet and systems to attract, engage and retain customers
Topics you will cover include:
- social media planning
- mobile commerce
- big data analytics
- behavioural targeting
- data mining
- campaign management
- e-mail marketing
- call centres
- online self-service
- contact channels integration
- customer segmentation and life cycle
- customer-oriented culture
The E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc is for professionals from any academic background who want to excel in marketing, sales and customer service. It is suitable if you want to work for a technology start-up or multinational company, including product and service providers.
Our graduates progress into careers as consultants, managers or business leaders. The course is also relevant to industry analysts and product development managers in the e-business sector. Some graduates from our E-Business courses have worked for international companies, such as:
- Ernst & Young
- The Hut Group
- Travix International
- Hitachi Solutions
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Lloyds Banking Group
Other graduates have used their acquired expertise to start up their own companies, or develop their family business.
Our course offers a complete and balanced combination of modules on e-business. You will start by studying the fundamentals of e-business, gradually developing your analytical and practical skills. By the end of the course you will meet the most demanding professional and academic requirements.
Our staff are world-class researchers who have also been successful entrepreneurs, consultants or top level managers.
Newcastle Science City
We are a lead partner in Newcastle Science City. The initiative aims to maximise Newcastle's scientific potential and enhance our reputation for world-class science.
Newcastle Science City aims to create new businesses, attract investment and strengthen science networks. The initiative has created an entrepreneurial, technological and vibrant culture, which is at the core of our E-Business MSc.
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold this triple crown and we are one of only 20 to have these accreditations in the UK.
Our accreditations reflect the investments we make for our students through providing a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University, with over 3,100 students representing over 80 nationalities. The School's new location and modern design allows it to:
- unite world-class research, teaching, enterprise and innovative activities under one roof
- develop and strengthen relationships between staff and students
- facilitate collaborative links between the School and the business community
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub, Base, and Lounge providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary café