About Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University is a world-class university with a growing international reach and reputation for academic excellence and impact-driven research.
Ranked among the top 2% of universities in the world* we are a student-focused university which puts you at the centre of the university experience.
As a world-class university, Western is globally recognised for our research strengths and innovations in teaching. That's why international students from over 70 countries choose to study at Western Sydney University every year. Being home to students from all over the world creates a thriving centre of opportunity, diversity and innovation. At Western you’ll be part of a dynamic, welcoming and culturally rich community where lifelong friends and connections are made.
As a dynamic place of learning, we continue to challenge traditional notions of what a university should be by pushing the boundaries of how knowledge is exchanged.
At Western it’s all about you. We care. We'll support you wherever you want to go.
We believe in you and we think it shows in the way our students grow in knowledge, skills and confidence.
There are unlimited reasons to choose Western.
Nine out of 10 employers say great things about Western Sydney University graduates, including that they have foundational skills, are more adaptable and have better technical skills. Employers rate graduates from Western Sydney University in the Top 10 for overall employer satisfaction (2019 National Employment Satisfaction Survey - Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT).
We tailor all our courses to give you the skills and knowledge needed to be job ready and to have a thriving career. It’s why no other university prepares you for what employers are looking for in graduates, better than Western.
* Ranked 251st, Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.
- Top 2% in the world (THE)
- Ranked 251st in the world (THE)
- Ranked 367th in the world (ARWU)
- Number 10 in Australia among universities under 50 years old
- Number 36 in the world among universities under 50 years old
- 5 stars for Employability, Facilities, Inclusiveness, Innovation, Internationalisation and Teaching (QS)
- Number 3 in the world in THE Impact Rankings
- Top 100 globally for Nursing, Sociology and Communication & Media Studies
A world of unlimited learning possibilities
With a world of unlimited learning possibilities, students can be prepared for a journey of discovery at Western. The University offers an outstanding range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research options in a range of areas:
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Arts and Communication
- Business and Accounting
- Creative Industries, Design and Music
- Criminology and Cyber Security
- Health and Sport Sciences
- Information Technology, AI and Data Sciences
- Sciences and Medical Sciences
- Social Sciences, Social Work and Counselling
- TESOL, Interpreting and Translation
Learn more at westernsydney.edu.au/future
Western Sydney boasts 10 modern, student-centred and conveniently located campuses. From the ultra-modern and high-tech to more serene, pastoral environments, each campus is different – but all are friendly, multicultural and inclusive.
Check out Western's Campus Highlights Video Playlist to see them for yourself!
You can also find more detailed information on locations and services for each campus below:
- Liverpool City Campus
- Parramatta City Campus
- Campbelltown Campus
- Bankstown Campus
- Parramatta South Campus
- Hawkesbury Campus
- Penrith Campus
- Sydney Olympic Park Campus
- Nirimba Campus
- Sydney City Campus
The College, owned by Western Sydney University, and Western Sydney University International College offer pathways to university study through a comprehensive range of integrated diploma/bachelor courses, diplomas and University Foundation Studies. This means that you will go straight into first or second year of University, saving time and hassle. Small class sizes and individualised attention from academic staff provide a well-supported environment for students to succeed in their tertiary studies.