Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is a research institute established by the Government of Aragon in Spain in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Zaragoza.
Founded in 2003, the ZLC campus is located at “Dinamiza business park”, designed to meet the space and work needs of companies after the EXPO Zaragoza 2008. ZLC mission is to create an international center of excellence for research and education in logistics and SCM that actively engages with industry and the public sector to develop and disseminate knowledge. To accomplish its mission ZLC partnered with the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics to form the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program, a unique model of collaboration between industry, government, and academia. This successful partnership led to the creation of the MIT Global SCALE Network that now spans four continents.
In addition, Zaragoza Logistics Center participates in several national and international research and educational initiatives. In 2008 the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science officially recognized ZLC as a Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO). ZLC is a member of the National Center of Excellence for research in the area of logistics and supply chain management, CNC LOGISTICA, that was created in 2006 by ZLC together with three other institutions. The participation of this center puts ZLC in a leading role to define and coordinate research, development and innovation initiatives across Spain in logistics and supply chain management. ZLC has the continued support of local saving bank Ibercaja and the European Social Fund in its activities.
MIT Global SCALE Network
The MIT Global SCALE Network is an international alliance of leading research centers dedicated to the development of supply chain and logistics excellence through innovation. It is designed and operated as a balanced network where each center contributes resources to conduct joint research, administers educational programs, and works with corporate sponsors. The centers:
- MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics (CTL), USA
- Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC), Spain
- Center for Latin-American Logistics Innovation (CLI), Colombia
- Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (MISI), Malaysia
- Luxembourg Centre for Logistics (LCL), Luxembourg
- Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China, (NSCIIC), China
- Supply Chain Management
- Executive Education
Depending which program you choose. For MIT Masters:
- GMAT or GRE Test Results (can be waived when shown proof of excellent quantitative skills).
- IELTS, TOEFL or similar Test Results from non-English-speaking nations.
- Resume or CV - note that a minimum of two years full time work experience at the time of applying is needed.
- Official Transcripts/diploma.
- Statement of Objectives.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Video Statement.
- Application form.
Contact ZLC for more application information.
The Zaragoza Logistics Center, through the MIT Zaragoza International Logistics Program, offers various scholarships as well as guaranteed bank loans. Admitted students should refer to the Financial Aid Office which serves as an information point and support service for candidates seeking students scholarships.