The University of Strathclyde is now Scotland’s third largest university, and one of the largest in the UK, with a world-wide reputation for its teaching and research. We comprise five faculties – Arts and Social Studies, Business, Education, Engineering and Science – and have a total student population of around 14,000.
Founded in 1948, Strathclyde Business School (SBS) is an enterprising, pioneering institution of global standing. We engage business minds, and pursue impact on the stakeholders we serve.
SBS has a long and proud history of being an innovative business school - and part of a leading technological university - with 'useful learning' at its heart. The School was named Business School of the Year in the Times Higher Education 2016 awards announced in November. The award was made in recognition of the Business School’s innovative and entrepreneurial attitude and its overall ‘outstanding’ performance.
Strathclyde is a triple accredited business school and the first business school in Scotland to be triple accredited, holding accreditation from the international bodies, AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Also Europe’s first university faculty to be awarded a license to operate an MBA programme in the United Arab Emirates.
It is one of the largest business schools of its kind in Europe, with around 200 academic staff and more than 3000 full-time students (undergraduate and postgraduate). The subject departments and specialist units collaborate to provide a dynamic, fully-rounded and varied programme of specialist and cross-disciplinary postgraduate courses
Triple accredited by the international bodies, AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Strathclyde Business School was recently re-accredited by all three organisations for the maximum five year period, and continues to be one of the small number, out of thousands of business schools around the world, to be triple accredited. Strathclyde’s masters programmes continue to be globally ranked by publications such as the Economist and Financial Times.
Strathclyde Business School has been recognised in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 for its world-leading research - with a GPA of 3.26, this positions SBS as the third-highest overall quality of all Scottish institutions as ranked by Times Higher Education (THE). SBS's exemplary research environment achieved particularly strong recognition having a rating of 75% 'conducive to producing research of world-leading quality and enabling outstanding impact'. With the remaining 25% rated as 'internationally excellence quality', this places SBS significantly above the sector average and makes it the second-highest environment quality profile in Scotland. In terms of scale and quality, the SBS submission has been ranked 16th in the UK on Research Power by the THE and this makes it the second highest in Scotland.
View our full list of accreditations and rankings.
Strathclyde Executive MBA - International
The Strathclyde MBA has been available outside the UK since 1988, with thousands of MBA course participants now graduated and many more currently studying in their own country.
The Strathclyde MBA has many study routes, but we emphasise our 'one MBA' approach. The executive MBA you study via one of our international centres is exactly the same programme as you would study in Glasgow, and the academics who deliver the core elements of the programme in your country also deliver the MBA in Glasgow.
The programme format is especially designed for busy executives who need to combine career and family commitments with the demands of MBA studies. The flexibility of the part-time approach enables participants to graduate within two years. However, study may be spread over a longer period if necessary, to a maximum of six years.
The Strathclyde Executive MBA is offered on part-time basis through our international centres in: