The Environmental Consultancy MSc is an exciting course providing you with the advanced conceptual understanding, detailed factual knowledge, and specialist technical skills for success in a science-based environmental business. It is ideal for graduates with a degree in biology, chemistry, or earth and environmental science.
This course develops your knowledge and understanding of the framework within which business opportunities are identified and pursued within the environmental sector. The course, made up from taught modules and a dissertation project, covers the following subjects:
- solid waste management
- groundwater contamination and remediation
- ground investigation - design, principles and practice
- research methods
- introduction to microbiology and microbial transformation of pollutants
- aqueous geochemistry
- sources, fates and control of pollutants
- the environment business
- contaminated land
- environmental analytical geochemistry
- geographic information systems
The course is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) undergraduate first degree or an Accredited IEng (Full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree. The course has also been accredited by the Geological Society (GeolSoc).