Ara Institute of Canterbury was formed in 2016 when CPIT and Aoraki Polytechnic joined forces to create the largest provider of vocational and tertiary education in the South Island of New Zealand. Ara provides a personalised learning experience; one that is flexible and respectful of our students' educational needs and career goals. We help you to succeed with your studies and make the most of the time you spend living in New Zealand. You will enjoy classes with a low student-to-staff ratio and easy access to our impressive purpose-built facilities. Our focus is always on balancing theory with practical learning to ensure you are work-ready when you graduate.
Why study with Ara?
A government-owned, NZQA category 1 institution, Ara has excellent facilities at campuses in Christchurch, Timaru, Ashburton and Oamaru. 17,000 students study with us each year, including 1800 international students.
- Internationally recognised degrees and postgraduate qualifications in a wide range of subjects
- Tutors with years of real-world experience and industry contacts
- Small class sizes (you will get to know your tutors and they will get to know you)
- Skills employers want (you will be work-ready upon graduation)
- Work placement opportunities that prepare you for the realities of the job