Our contemporary E-Business MSc prepares you for an ever-changing complex and digital landscape. You will graduate ready to take on total responsibility to foster, implement and evaluate e-business initiatives, in all the functional areas of an organisation.
About this course
Digital technologies have changed the way organisations conduct business. They afford new ways of working, new opportunities, but also present new challenges for digital businesses.
In a world where decision-making is ambiguous, this course will challenge you to think in new and varied ways for a turbulent and fast-moving digital age. There is great demand for e-business professionals and this Master’s supports various career paths to further your career interests.
What you'll learn
You will cover the core components of E-Business, which include:
- discussions on leading-edge technologies
- developing an appreciation of long-term business strategies
- the ability to focus on the enterprise and entrepreneurial components with a clear focus on creativity and innovation
- the alignment of people behaviour internally and externally to an organisation
- experience real-life practice as you develop an enterprise start-up. You will apply lean start-up theory by getting involved in creativity, innovation and the design to your digital business
- prepare for your career in the digital world of business through our School-wide employability and professional development programme
- use industry standard software to analyse data in our new Data Analytics for Managers module to address organisational problems and opportunities
- connect with, and hear from, digital and tech innovation leaders through guest lectures
- explore how to discover value and access challenges from emerging business and technology
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold this triple crown and we are one of only 20 to have these accreditations in the UK.
Our accreditations reflect the investments we make for our students through providing a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
This course has strong links with industry. Our staff are world-class researchers and some have been successful entrepreneurs, consultants or top level managers in government agencies or corporations such as IBM, Oracle, and Philips. You will be taught by:
- Dr Janette Young (Degree Programme Director)
- Dr Arturo Vega
- Dr Rebecca Casey
- Dr Ana Javornik
- Dr Adrian Small
- Professor Savvas Papagiannidis
- Dr Karen Elliott
- Dr Paul Richter.
The course offers a complete and balanced combination of modules on e-business. You will start by studying the fundamentals of e-business, gradually developing your analytical and practical skills. By the end of the course you will meet the most demanding professional and academic requirements.
Benefit from connections with Newcastle’s £350 million flagship project the ‘Newcastle Helix’, which brings together academic, the public sector, communities, business and industry. This ambitious project is stimulating far-reaching networks in technology and systems innovation.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University, with over 3,100 students representing over 80 nationalities. The School's new location and modern design allows it to:
- unite world-class research, teaching, enterprise and innovative activities under one roof
- develop and strengthen relationships between staff and students
- facilitate collaborative links between the School and the business community.
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub, Base, and Lounge providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary café.
View some of the Business School facilities.