Our E-Business MSc combines leading technology with business strategies, entrepreneurship and organisational behaviour. It will prepare you to succeed in the modern business world. You will explore how companies conduct electronic business, from start-ups to multinational corporations. Newcastle's vibrant, growing business culture will support your personal development and employability prospects.
E-business success combines leading technologies, long-term business strategies, entrepreneurial capacity to implement strategies through technology and the alignment of peoples' behaviour inside and outside the organisation.
From a functional perspective, e-business is how companies conduct electronic business. It is how activities related to clients, suppliers and partners integrate with internal systems, such as logistics, operations and finance. This is all based on a strong customer-centric organisational culture.
Through the course you will develop knowledge of:
- the business value of contemporary technologies
- your personal development as an entrepreneur and intrapreneur
- the feasibility of disruptive business models
- how to foster innovation in firms
- business planning and new ventures
- the link between business strategy and systems
- business processes, such as the ones involving clients and suppliers
- the management and development of e-business systems
- the mutual impact between technology and organisations
Topics you will cover include:
- technological forecast in society
- government policy on technology and innovation
- innovation management
- collaborative work on projects
- business processes re-engineering
- information systems integration
- organisational change
The E-Business MSc is designed for professionals from any academic background who want to take general responsibility for e-business initiatives in any function of a company. This ranges from internet operations to internal systems, technology start-ups to multinational corporations, and includes product and service providers.
Our graduates progress into careers as consultants, managers or business leaders. The course is also relevant to industry analysts and product development managers in the e-business sector. Some graduates from our E-Business courses have worked for international companies, such as:
- Ernst & Young
- The Hut Group
- Travix International
- Hitachi Solutions
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Lloyds Banking Group
Other graduates have used their acquired expertise to start up their own companies, or develop their family business.
Our course offers a complete and balanced combination of modules on e-business. You will start by studying the fundamentals of e-business, gradually developing your analytical and practical skills. By the end of the course you will meet the most demanding professional and academic requirements.
Our staff are world-class researchers who have also been successful entrepreneurs, consultants or top level managers.
Newcastle Science City
We are a lead partner in Newcastle Science City. The initiative aims to maximise Newcastle's scientific potential and enhance our reputation for world-class science.
Newcastle Science City aims to create new businesses, attract investment and strengthen science networks. The initiative has created an entrepreneurial, technological and vibrant culture, which is at the core of our E-Business MSc.
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold this triple crown and we are one of only 20 to have these accreditations in the UK.
Our accreditations reflect the investments we make for our students through providing a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University, with over 3,100 students representing over 80 nationalities. The School's new location and modern design allows it to:
- unite world-class research, teaching, enterprise and innovative activities under one roof
- develop and strengthen relationships between staff and students
- facilitate collaborative links between the School and the business community
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub, Base, and Lounge providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary café