This distinctive dual award course has been designed to meet the needs of excellent graduates who aspire to a global role in marketing. On completion you will be awarded an Advanced International Business Management and Marketing MSc from Newcastle University and an International Business Management MSc from the University of Groningen.
The course evaluates the main aspects of business in an international context with a focus on marketing including:
- brand management
- marketing communications management
- customer relations management
Your studies are focused on the comparative analyses of countries, institutions, cultures and the strategic decision-making of companies operating within this environment. In recent cohorts, our students engaged with a number of organisations including L'Oreal and Heineken.
Upon completion of the course you will have:
- advanced knowledge and understanding of how to improve the quality of management, leadership and practice in organisations
- enhanced general intellectual development, including the improved capacity for enquiry, problem solving, critical thinking and analysis
- advanced ability to communicate and cooperate with individuals from different cultural backgrounds
The collaborative approach to this course provides you with the opportunity to:
- study a distinctive and internationally focused curriculum in business and management
- study at two highly respected and traditionally focused universities
- gain a postgraduate dual award enabling you to prepare for and/or further develop a successful career in international business and management.
- live in two of Europe's most exciting and friendly cities
During semester one you will study at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Groningen. Semester two is taught at Newcastle University Business School. In Semester three you will complete your dissertation at either university. You will be allocated one dissertation supervisor from each university.
Newcastle University Business School is accredited by the:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
Only 1% of business schools worldwide hold this triple crown and we are one of only 20 to have these accreditations in the UK.
Our accreditations reflect the investments we make for our students through providing a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
Newcastle University Business School is one of the largest Schools in the University, with over 3,100 students representing over 80 nationalities. The School's new location and modern design allows it to:
- unite world-class research, teaching, enterprise and innovative activities under one roof
- develop and strengthen relationships between staff and students
- facilitate collaborative links between the School and the business community
Our facilities provide:
- a flexible and dedicated conference suite with panoramic views across the city
- Wi-Fi enabled connectivity throughout the building, including three computer clusters housing approximately 120 PCs
- four large lecture theatres and 21 seminar rooms, providing comfortable teaching and group study space
- a dedicated Hub, Base, and Lounge providing a balanced mix of study space and relaxation areas
- a contemporary cafe.