IAB Level 3 in Computerised Payroll for Business
Qualification IAB Level 3 Certificate in Computerised payroll for Business
Level 3 – comparable to studying at A-Level
Awarded by The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible - 6 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
The IAB Level 3 Computerised Payroll course forms the final stage on the IAB payroll qualification pathway, providing you with the advanced skills required to run the payroll for hundreds, even thousands of employees.
You will learn how to undertake a range of advanced computerised payroll procedures; including how to run reports, apply National Insurance Contributions deductions, adjust for Pay in Lieu and create employee records using Human Resources information.
- Employment legislation for payroll
- Statutory and non-statutory reporting of payroll data
- PAYE, Income tax and National Insurance Contributions
- Theory of termination of employment
- Determining Gross Pay
- Computerised Payroll administration.
Students are continually assessed throughout the course. There are no exams with these courses.
What is included:
- Printed course materials
- Sage 50 Payroll software*
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Exams and booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
- Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
“I have been working in bookkeeping for several years but decided I wanted to gain a professional qualification that would allow me to branch out into payroll. Now I manage the payroll for an international company with over 700 employees.” – Hannah Davidson
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 18 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the Payroll industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
If you already have a good understanding of computerised payroll and a solid working knowledge of Sage 50, the IAB level 3 in Computerised Payroll for Business course will help you further your skills and become qualified for a management role in payroll.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
Upon completion of the course you will be fully qualified in all areas of payroll, equipped for a management level role in an organisation or Payroll Bureau, earning a typical salary range of £23,000 - £42,000.
As IAB qualifications are part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), completing the IAB course pathway means you will hold a nationally recognised Accredited QCF qualification in computerised payroll.
About the IAB
The International Association for Book-keepers (IAB) is a professional awarding body for members who provide Computerised Payroll and accounting services to firms and businesses, both in the UK and internationally. The IAB aims to meet an extensive range of financial skills for small and medium businesses, qualifying individuals in the provision of these services.