Why choose us?
At Birmingham City University, we’ve been educating professionals since 1843. Our commitment to high quality teaching, innovative practice and cutting edge research ensures that Birmingham City University ranks among the best modern universities in the country.
- 96% of our postgraduates find work or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
- Our strong links with industry ensure our courses are relevant and innovative. We work with leading brands such as Rolls-Royce, Cisco, Microsoft, Sony, Mitchell & Butler, Sky UK, The Royal Shakespeare Company and City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
- Almost 90% of our research was judged to have delivered ‘outstanding’ or ‘very considerable’ external impact (REF 2014)
- Benefit from accredited courses. Around 40 of our courses are accredited by respected industry bodies.
- We have undertaken a £260 million investment programme in our facilities, including a major expansion of our City Centre Campus.
Join us at Birmingham City University and you will be right in the heart of a forward-looking and vibrant city with plenty of attractions close at hand.
- Birmingham has the highest quality of life of any UK city outside of the capital. (Mercer Quality of Living Report 2017)
- The second most cost-effective city for students in the UK. (UNiDAYS 2017)
- One of the 10 most entrepreneurial cities in the UK. (Instant offices 2017)
With over 140 postgraduateand professional development courses, spanning health and sport, business, the arts and social studies, Birmingham City University offers its students a whole world of opportunity. Our courses equip you with the most relevant knowledge and skills to enhance your career prospects and encourage you to develop your powers of analysis and critical thinking.
Download our prospectus and find out more about our range of postgraduate opportunities.
Come to our events
There's no better way to find out more than to drop-in to one of our events. Students and lecturers will be on hand to answer all of your questions and to show you around our facilities. We host subject-specific events throughout the year.
See our events
Benefits of postgraduate study
It’s becoming more beneficial to have a postgraduate degree than ever before. For instance:
- Someone with a Master’s degree or PHD earns £240,000 more over a 40-year working life than someone with just a degree. (Graduate Labour Market Statistics 2017, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)
- By 2022, one in seven jobs could require postgraduate qualifications (UK Commission for Employment and Skills 2014)
- There are an increasing number of occupations where employers require a postgraduate qualification, including some areas of law, engineering and teaching, professional psychology roles, international development and NGO’s, technical roles in the environment profession and quantitive roles in investment banking. (Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services)
If you’d like to find out what more Birmingham City University has to offer, get in touch.