The University of Derby is a modern, safe and friendly university in the heart of the UK, which is easy to get to by road, rail and air. We offer many of our courses in September AND January which means you can study in the UK to suit you and your circumstances. With many of our courses offering placements and the opportunity to apply for a scholarship, the University of Derby is the right place for you.
We have over 800 overseas students studying here from more than 100 countries worldwide, and we have links with colleges and universities in Europe, the USA, Africa and Asia.
Visit our website and meet some of our international students to find out more about life at the University of Derby.
We have two campuses 30 miles apart, one in Derby and one in Buxton.
The University of Derby offers a supportive learning environment with a dedicated International Student Centre for the 1,700 international students currently studying with us. We are ranked in the top three of all modern universities for international student satisfaction and we look forward to showing you what studying in Derby can offer you for your future.
At a glance:
- 96.1% of full time first degree graduates are in work or further study making us 12th in the UK (ninth in England) for student employability.
- We off a more personal experience – we have a greater staff to student ratio than many other UK universities, so we can spend more time supporting our students
- We have a number of merit based £1,000 scholarships available for international students
- The University of Derby offers internships which provide the opportunity to combine your studies with paid work experience.
- Many of the University of Derby’s courses have achieved 100% satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2013
- The University of Derby has some of the newest and best facilities in the UK, investing over £150m in the last five years to achieve this.
We offer over 230 undergraduate degree courses and more than 50 specialist taught postgraduate degree programmes on campus. And you can study some of our courses online, from anywhere in the world at a time and place to suit you.
We offer a range of courses in these areas:
- hospitality and culinary arts
- events management
- travel and tourism
- beauty, spa and hairdressing
If you don't want to specialise in just one subject, you can combine up to three subjects through our Joint Honours Scheme. Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/jointhonours
As well as our traditional courses, we also offer some programmes designed specifically for overseas students. If you do not have the required qualifications or English language level to start a degree, our International Foundation Programme will give you a recognised qualification so that you can move straight on to an undergraduate degree.Visit http://www.derby.ac.uk/courses/international-foundation-programme to find out more.
We also offer courses in English for Speakers of Other Languages visit http://www.derby.ac.uk/international/esol/ to find out more.
Improving your career prospects
We will help you to stand out from other graduates:
- we have close links with employers
- we always look to our students first when we have a part time job or work placement opportunity to fill at the University
- you can study for professional qualifications on some of our degrees
- many of our degrees are accredited by professional bodies
- we have a dedicated Career Development Centre.
Help and support
Our International Team is here to help and support you during your application process, advising on international qualifications, UK student visas, immigration, and working in the UK while you study. Our Overseas Student Advisor, Dr Ahmad Kabaha, will provide you with personal help and support while you're studying here.
You can contact the International Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Multi-Faith Centre is situated on the Kedleston Road site of the Derby Campus, welcoming all religions and faiths, and is open to staff and students. Click here to view a video of the Multi-Faith Centre.
For up to date information on our fees visit http://www.derby.ac.uk/international/study/fees/
For up to date information on our entry requirements visit http://www.derby.ac.uk/general-entry-requirements
Derby is a thriving city with loads going on, and it's the safest city in the East Midlands. Our campus is on the outskirts of the city, and all our halls of residence are between the campus and the city centre, so you'll be living within easy walking distance of both.
Our Derby Campus is made up of our Kedleston Road, Britannia Mill and Markeaton Street sites. They are all very close together, so you can easily walk between them. And they are linked by a free shuttle bus too.
At Kedleston Road, you will find a newsagent, cash machine, bookshop, and various cafes.
Buxton is a beautiful town with lots of character on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Our hall of residence is right in the town centre and just a couple of minutes walk from the campus.
Find out what it's like to live in Derby or Buxton at http://www.derby.ac.uk/student-life
Have you got any questions?
Contact our international team for more information or visit http://www.derby.ac.uk/askus
If you have any questions email email@example.com
University Of Derby
Derby United Kingdom
44 (0) 133 259 1130
44 (0) 133 259 7749