Our Psychology courses are designed to meet the growing need for effective, skilled and forward-thinking psychologists. This course has research at its heart, empowering you to create new knowledge in the field of Psychology.
- Psychology at Derby is ranked first in the UK for student satisfaction and for student satisfaction with teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 91% of our BSc (Hons) Psychology students are satisfied with assessment and feedback received, and 92% are satisfied with the academic support on the course (National Student Survey 2020)
- The course is accredited by the British Psychological Society - this means that standards such as course content and design, and student development have met their criteria to deliver a high standard of psychology education
- Use specialist facilities, including our psychological observation suite and eye tracker equipment, EEG for recording brain activity, and Babylab for ethical research with babies and young children
- Learn from lecturers at the forefront of psychological research - you'll have opportunities to contribute to their projects and to conduct your own research
- Gain applied experience through work placement opportunities so that you develop the vital skills that employers are looking for
- Psychological studies can help shape healthier societies across the world. Our course content links to global initiatives including the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals where 'Good Health and Wellbeing' is prioritised