IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping
Qualification IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping & IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping
Level 2 – comparable to studying at GCSE level
Awarded by The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible - 6 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
The Intermediate Bookkeeping course will help build on your existing bookkeeping and Sage One skills, taking you one step closer to launching a career helping small and medium-sized businesses manage their books.
Bookkeepers play a vital role in business; ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and consistently. Bookkeeping can make for an exciting and rewarding career with excellent opportunities.
You will learn how to account for VAT, maintain petty cash records, process ledger transactions, extract a trial balance and use the Journal to correct errors – skills that will enable you to offer your bookkeeping services on a more professional level.
- Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
- Professional values and basic business legislation
- Principles of VAT
- Banking procedures
- Preparing and recording financial documentation
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Maintaining and reconciling the cash book
- Maintaining the journal
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Maintaining control accounts
- Setting up accounting software to manage accounting information
- Processing routine payments and receipts using a computerised system.
4 x computer based tests (taken from home)
2 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
3 x assignments
What is included:
- Printed course materials and online eBooks
- Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Exams and booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
- Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
“My goal is to practice as a self-employed Bookkeeper, build up my own client base and live life to the full!” – Richard Cook
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 18 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the Bookkeeping industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
Those who already understand the basic principles of bookkeeping and wish to develop their knowledge and skills for higher level roles in the industry.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
The IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course forms the second stage on the IAB pathway to becoming fully qualified Bookkeeper.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to apply for Associate level membership with the IAB and will be qualified to work as a Bookkeeper, Ledger Administrator, or Accounts Clerk, earning a typical salary range of £21,500 - £27,000.
Once you have completed your intermediate level studies you will accepted onto the advanced level of the IAB qualification pathway, and will only be 6 months away from full qualification.
About the IAB
The International Association for Book-keepers (IAB) is a professional awarding body for members who provide bookkeeping and accounting services to firms and businesses, both in the UK and internationally. The IAB aims to meet an extensive range of financial skills for small and medium businesses, qualifying individuals in the provision of these services.
Application ProcessClick here for further details:http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/Bookkeeping/IAB-Intermediate-Bookkeeping/?cp=METMET0003