About Pharmacy Assistant, UG:Diploma - at International Career Institute
Become a Pharmacy Assistant. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from highly qualified and experienced professionals. The retail pharmacy is a vital health advisory centre in which graduates play an important role in.
The course assists you to enter a respected profession which continues to grow from strength to strength. Students will complete the following units:
Course Outline: What You Will Cover
1 Medical Terminology
- Medical Definitions, Prefixes & Glossary
- Abbreviations & Acronyms
- Using Medical Terminology
- Human Systems & Anatomical Divisions
2 Human Anatomy & Physiology
- The Nerves System
- The Muscular System
- The Skeletal System
- The Digestive System
- Blood and Blood Pressure
- The Skeletal System
- Cells & Tissue
- Physiology of Pulmonary Ventilation
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Diet & Food Processing
4 Risk Management
Developing and Managing Risk Prevention measures - Diet & Food Processing
5 Common Illnesses
Medical information ranging from illnesses and conditions such as asthma and acne to erectile dysfunction and the common cold - Diet & Food Processing
6 History of Pharmacy
- Evolution & Future of Pharmacy
- Origins of the Pharmacy Store
- Patient Care Era
7 Customer Service in a Retail Pharmacy
- Interacting With Customers
- Face-to-Face Customer Service
- Telephone Customer Service
- The Difficult / Angry Customer
8 Sales in Retail Pharmacy
- Communication and Conversational Selling
- Knowing Your Product
- How to Close a Sale
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a Pharmacy Assistant
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a Pharmacy Assistant professional in months not years!
- Study a pharmacy assistant course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Fast track your growth in one of the fastest rising industries as a Pharmacy Assistant! If you take pride in your extreme knack for customer satisfaction, belief in hard work, motivation and great organizational skills, then this career is worth checking out!
It has been projected by the Bureau of Statistics that employment of pharmacy assistants is expected to increase by 25 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for most occupations. With an increasing number of middle-aged and elderly people who heavily rely on prescription drugs, as well as overall awareness for physical well-being, the demand for pharmacy workers will just keep on increasing. It's definitely one of the key careers positioned to take a stronghold in the near future.
The ICI Pharmacy Assistant Course, we will guide you step-by-step on building your career in the industry. Learn how to execute important tasks which are expected of pharmacy assistants. Start a promising career as a pharmacy assistant by signing up for our course now!
Summary: It is forecast by the Bureau of Statistics that employment of pharmacy assistants is projected to rise by 25 percent from 2008 to 2018.
Regulation within the UK
The ICI Pharmacy Assistant course is NOT designed to meet the requirements of the General Pharmaceutical Council to practice as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Dispenser. The course is however designed for those who are aspiring towards working in a retail pharmacy as a foundation course and to those already working a pharmacy technician or dispenser for the purposes of professional development and further training..
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Certificate of Completion.
Represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
Diploma Level-24 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
ICI is a CMA College Member and is found on the Complementary Medical Association's Register of Education Providers. ICI has met the expectations of this global organization which represents more than 100 colleges and 15,000 practitioners in the field. (Relevant to: Counselling, Natural Health, Nutrition and Massage courses offered by ICI).
ICI is an Approved Training Provider with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT). IICT is a leading professional body representing practitioners operating within the natural health industry. ICI students and graduates are able to obtain IICT Membership. Membership provides numerous benefits such as access to discounted Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a Pharmacy Assistant
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPhrmcyA
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program ( Click to learn more ).