About Advertising, UG:Diploma - at International Career Institute
Course Outline: What You Will Cover
The ICI advertising program designed in conjunction with industry leaders helps you learn the skills you need to succeed in advertising quickly and conveniently.
1 First Part: Advertising
General Concepts of Advertising
- Advertising Strategies
- Primary and Selective Advertising
- Institutional Advertising
- Relationship of Objectives of Marketing and Advertising
- The Advertising Budget
- Methods of Financing the Advertising Budget
- The Creative Process - Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- The Media
- The Campaign Concept
- The Creative Process in Television
- Production for TV
- Evaluation of the TV Commercial
- The Creation in the other Media
- Media Strategy
- Techniques of Media Planning
- The Digital Technology and the Future of the Media
The Advertising Agency
- History and Evolution
- Agency Service Organization
- Fees and Discounts
The Creative Process in Advertising
- The Creative Attitude
- Creative Characteristics
- Conditions for the Creative Process
- Generation of Ideas
Memory Mechanisms In Advertising
- What is Memory?
- Immediate memory
- Photographic memory (Eidetic)
- Short Term Memory
- Long Term Memory
- Categories of Memory
- Those 'Scripts'
- Repetition and Messages Recall
2 Second Part: Selling
- Working with distributors / middlemen
- Contributing to the organization and operations
- Promotion in Point of Purchase (P.O.P.)
- Stimulating Middlemen Traffic
- Cooperative Advertising Training Middlemen's Salespersons
- Incentivating Middlemen's Salespersons
- Stimulating Consumers / Users
- The Evolution of the Salesperson
- Compensation of the Salesperson
- The process of the Sale
- Creative sale - Reasons that drive buying
- AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
- How to develop a list of potential clients
- Securing the interview
- Effective interview
- Objections, how to rebut them, Closing the Sale
- Selection and Training of Salespersons
3 Third Part: Distribution And Channels Of Distribution
- The Distributed Goods
- The Function Of Distribution
- Channels Of Distribution And Their Interrelation
- The Self-Service outlet
- Classifications Of Middlemen
- Policies And Strategies Of Distribution
- Zoning (Sales Territories) / Example Of Zoning
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in advertising
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a advertising pro in months not years!
- Study a advertising course that was designed in conjunction with advertising industry leaders
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Start an exciting career in a field which influences consumer behaviour worldwide. Why complete an advertising training program? With the right credentials, you can gain excellent positions with:
- Advertising agencies
- Public relations agencies
- Advertising departments of large
- Marketing departments
- Retail advertising department
- Metropolitan, suburban and country newspapers
- Magazine publishing companies
- Television and television stations
- Marketing departments
- Retail advertising department
An advertising account manager can look at earning anything between £22.000 to £83.000 per year with the average industry income being £42.539.
Advertising specialists working in the creative department of an advertising agency earn £16.600 to £69.000 per annum with the average income being £41,298. (Source: 2013 advertising industry job advertisements)
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
Recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Diploma Level-24 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as an advertising specialist
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipPhrmcyA
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program ( Click to learn more ).