Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Become a qualified beauty therapy and make up artist. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter a fast growing profession.
1 Apply knowledge of nutrition to beauty therapy treatments
- Identify the body's systems
- Identify nutrient needs and health problems
2 Apply knowledge of skin biology to beauty treatments
- Identify the main functions of the skin and hair
3 Apply knowledge of skin science to beauty therapy treatments
- Apply knowledge of skin science and disorders to beauty therapy treatments
- Promote skin health and care
4 Demonstrate retail skin care products
- Prepare client for skin cleansing
- Cleanse face
- Apply skin-care products
- Advise on further product use
5 Design and apply make-up for photography
- Cleanse face
- Analyse face
- Analyse context
- Apply make-up
6 Design and apply make-up
- Cleanse face
- Analyse face and design make-up
- Select products and equipment
- Apply make-up
- Apply false eyelashes
7 Design and apply remedial camouflage
- Cleanse skin
- Analyse treatment area
- Select products and equipment
- Apply remedial camouflage
8 Develop a treatment plan for beauty therapy treatments
- Determine client requirements
- Analyse client characteristics
- Identify contra-indications
- Develop treatment plan
9 Investigate new products and services
- Analyse market
- Plan product and service range
- Maintain supplier relations
- Negotiate supply of goods
- Monitor quality control
- Introduce product range
- Maximise profit
10 Conduct financial transactions
- Operate point of sale equipment
- Perform point of sale transactions
- Reconcile takings
11 Plan & Provide the spa program
- Demonstrate knowledge of spa principles
- Determine the spa program
- Prepare a client for spa treatment/s
- Perform spa treatment/s
- Perform aftercare treatment
12 Provide aesthetic aromatic massage
- Prepare client for aromatic aesthetic treatments
- Select product
- Perform massage techniques
- Apply aromatic aesthetic treatment products
13 Provide superficial lymph drainage massage
- Confirm treatment plan
- Perform superficial lymphatic drainage massage for the face
14 Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- Apply reflexology relaxation techniques
15 Provide body treatments
- Prepare for treatment
- Perform body massage
- Provide aftercare
16 Provide facial treatments
- Prepare treatment area
- Perform massage
- Apply skin care products
- Advise on further treatments
17 Provide lash and brow treatments
- Chemically treat eyelash and eyebrows
- Shape eyebrows
- Provide aftercare advice
18 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- Prepare client for manicure/pedicare service
- Perform a basic manicure/pedicare service
19 Apply gel nail enhancement
- Prepare client
- Remove artificial nails
- Apply/refill artificial nails
- Provide aftercare advice
20 Apply Nail Art
- Apply nail art
- Provide aftercare service
- Promote and sell nail art
21 Apply knowledge of nail science to nail services
- Anatomy and physiology
- Skin and nail disorders
- Apply nail and skin treatment products
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a beauty therapist and make up artist
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a beauty therapist and make up artist pro in months not years!
- Study a beauty therapy and make up course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Get paid to help people look and feel their best. It certainly is a positive and social career move you can look forward to.
With people leading more busy lifestyles, it is now more than ever that they are investing in their overall physical beauty and well-being. Spas, beauty salons and freelance beauty and make-up professionals are obtaining more and more clients who provide regular repeat services on a short or long-term basis.
If you envision yourself in the glamorous and exciting world of beauty therapy and make-up, then endless possibilities as a Beauty Therapist await you.
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (2010-11 edition), employment in the beauty therapy industry is set to grow by 20% in the coming years. In comparison to other occupations, it has stronger growth prospects for obvious reasons.
Lucrative opportunities also exist for independent operators who, for example, service the bridal and school formal industries. It is a service that will always be needed.
Be a part of this growing and exciting industry by enrolling into our Beauty Therapy course now!
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
Diploma Level-24 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a beauty therapist and make up artist
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipBTMKA
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).