IAB Levels 1 & 2 in Computerised Payroll for Business
Qualification IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll for Business &
IAB Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Payroll for Business
Levels 1 & 2 – comparable to studying at GCSE level
Awarded by The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible - 12 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
Payroll is a vital role within any organisation. A career in payroll means specialising in a niche field with excellent progression opportunities.
If you are looking to master the basics of payroll, this combined Levels 1 & 2 in Computerised Payroll course provides the perfect introduction to the profession, teaching you how to prepare the payroll, compose an employee payroll record, make Gross Pay calculations, deduct statutory and non statutory payments and work with spreadsheet software.
- Computerised payroll administration
- Making Gross Pay calculations
- Payroll preparation
- Fundamentals of employment legislation for payroll
- Composition of an employee payroll record
- Elements of gross pay
- Statutory and non-statutory payments and additions
- Termination of employment
- Computerised payroll theory
- Calculate gross pay
- Spreadsheet software
- Computerised payroll skills.
Students are continually assessed throughout the course via Tutor Marked Assignments and assessments. There are no formal exams with these courses.
What is included:
- Printed course materials
- Sage 50 Payroll software*
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Exams and booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
- Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
“I have been working in bookkeeping for several years but decided I wanted to gain a professional qualification that would allow me to branch out into payroll. Now I manage the payroll for an international company with over 700 employees.” – Hannah Davidson
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 18 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the Payroll industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
Those who have little or no experience in payroll and want to open the doors to work in an important and powerful profession.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
This combined Levels 1 & 2 in Computerised Payroll for Business course takes you from beginner to intermediate level in just 12 months. Upon completion of the course, you will be fully competent in a range of payroll processes; qualified to work as a Payroll Administrator or Payroll Clerk, earning a typical salary range of £23,000 - £25,000.
Completing the course enables you to continue your studies at advanced level and become a fully qualified Payroll professional, equipped for a management role within the field.
About the IAB
The International Association for Book-keepers (IAB) is a professional awarding body for members who provide Computerised Payroll and accounting services to firms and businesses, both in the UK and internationally. The IAB aims to meet an extensive range of financial skills for small and medium businesses, qualifying individuals in the provision of these services.
Application ProcessClick here for further details:http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/Bookkeeping/IAB-Levels-1-2-Computerised-payroll/?cp=METMET0003