IAB Foundation Bookkeeping
Qualification IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping & IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping
Level 1 – comparable to studying at pre-GCSE level
Awarded by The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible - 6 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
Bookkeepers play a vital role in business; ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and consistently. Bookkeeping can make for an exciting and rewarding career with excellent opportunities.
The Foundation Bookkeeping course will give you a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of bookkeeping, teaching you how to work with manual and computerised systems, the process of double-entry bookkeeping, banking procedures and how to prepare and record sales and purchase documents.
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Working within bookkeeping
- Banking procedures
- Recording receipts and payments
- Recording and processing bookkeeping documents
- Recording credit transactions
- Making and receiving payments
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Recording routine bookkeeping transactions using a computerised system
- Preparing and recording sales and purchase documents using a computerised system.
3 x computer based tests (taken from home)
2 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
1 x assignment
What is included:
- Printed course materials and online eBooks
- Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Exams and booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
- Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
“My goal is to practice as a self-employed Bookkeeper, build up my own client base and live life to the full!” – Richard Cook
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 18 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the Bookkeeping industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
Those who have little or no experience of bookkeeping and want to open the doors to a powerful profession. The IAB Foundation course will give you a comprehensive introduction to this varied and dynamic field.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
The IAB Foundation Bookkeeping course forms the first stage on the IAB qualification pathway; the vocational gateway to a career as Bookkeeper. Upon completion of the Foundation course, you will be competent in a range of basic bookkeeping processes and qualified to begin your studies at Intermediate level.
With a typical completion time of six months for each level, following the IAB pathway enables you to become a fully qualified Bookkeeper and Member in Practice (MIP) in just 18 months, practising on behalf of Sole Traders and Limited Companies.
About the IAB
The International Association for Book-keepers (IAB) is a professional awarding body for members who provide bookkeeping and accounting services to firms and businesses, both in the UK and internationally. The IAB aims to meet an extensive range of financial skills for small and medium businesses, qualifying individuals in the provision of these services.
Application ProcessClick here for further details:http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/Bookkeeping/IAB-Foundation-Bookkeeping/?cp=METMET0003