Qualification AAT Level 1 Award in Accounting
Level 1 – comparable to studying at pre-GCSE level
Awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible – 3-6 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
The AAT Access course is the ideal way to discover if accounting is the right career for you. A career in accounting means working at the heart of the business, recording, analysing and reporting on its financial activity. It is a well-paid and clearly defined career with huge potential in terms of career progression, opportunities and success.
The course will introduce you to fundamental business and finance skills and increase your career prospects within the profession. You will learn how to identify different types of business documents, how to carry out a range of basic mathematical functions using accounting data and how to process receipts and payments using batch processing procedures.
- Accounting in a professional environment
- Mathematics for accounting
- Creating business documents
- Essential accounting procedures.
1 x computer based assessment
What is included:
- Printed course materials and online eBooks
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Specialist Career Management service
- One year’s registration with the AAT.
“I was made redundant last year and decided I wanted to change career. When I phoned Home Learning College they so nice and helpful and were ready to help me get started straight away.” – Carla Reed
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 92% pass rates: significantly higher than the AAT national average
- Largest distance learning provider for AAT qualifications
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the accounting industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
Those who have little or no experience in accounting and would like to find out what accountancy involves before committing to further study.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
Upon completion of the AAT Access course you will be able to start Level 2 of the AAT Qualification pathway; the vocational gateway to achieving qualified Accounting Technician status, and opening the doors to a successful career in accounting.
About the AAT
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the leading awarding body for skills based accounting qualifications, awarding 90% of all vocational qualifications in finance and accounting. These qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised making you highly attractive to employers.