The Online MA in International Relations is an ideal postgraduate degree for ambitious and globally minded individuals who are seeking a flexible way of gaining global awareness understanding international arenas, while exploring theories, policies and practices that are essential to furthering expertise in this dynamic and exciting field.
This course has a truly international outlook, featuring a faculty of experts from around the globe. As a result, you will be exposed to different perspectives, insights and research approaches, giving you the aptitude and confidence to establish a relevant career path anywhere in the world.
Thanks to an emphasis on the value of theory-in-practice, the Online MA in International Relations helps you get to grips with theoretical debates, ideas around global governance and the link between political economy and international security. This diverse set of contemporary theories and policies will prepare you for a wide variety of different careers in organisations such as government departments, international aid, and development agencies.
The course is also designed to help you to:
- examine the significance of international relations and evaluate its theoretical frameworks, concepts and methodologies
- critique key debates and communicate complex ideas
- demonstrate specialist knowledge of international policy
- evaluate qualitative and quantitative data and master advanced research methods
- interact and exchange ideas with professionals from diverse backgrounds
- demonstrate ethical insight into decision-making and problem-solving
Flexible and engaging online learning
Nottingham Trent University is committed to offering highly relevant courses, tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career. The Online MA in International Relations course provides a flexible and engaging way to learn, with several different ways to interact with the curriculum, including:
- video lectures
- real-life case studies
- interactive assignments
- social interaction with a global student body
- digital tools and resources
- interactive academic support
The NTU Online MA in International Relations is a modular course, completed over the course of two and a half years. It consists of 12 modules worth ten credits each, plus a dissertation worth 60 credits (total of 180 credits).
- International Relations Theory
- Methodologies in International Relations Research
- War and Peace in the Post-Arab Spring Middle East and North Africa
- Security, Radicalisation and Terrorism in Europe
- The New World War: Terrorism in the Era of Globalisation
- Security in the Post-Soviet Space
- Women and Global Movements
- The New World Order: Global Governance and International Institutions
- The Political Economy of (Under-)Development
- The Rise and Fall of Hegemonic Powers: the USA, China and the Rest
- Order and Power in Europe
- Challenges to International Security in the Asia-Pacific
Graduates from this course are highly employable in both public and private sectors due to their wide-ranging skills and competencies. After studying the course at NTU, you will be best placed to pursue a career in relevant government departments, charities, NGOs or international aid and development agencies. In the private sector, businesses such as think-tank organisations and not-for-profits are increasingly looking for graduates with an understanding of international and global events and processes.
Start your journey today
Visit the Online Master of Arts in International Relations page on the Nottingham Trent University website for more details!