This design driven course develops principles and techniques necessary for creating innovative design solutions to interior spaces. Specialising in an area of personal interest within the course framework, you will expand and develop advanced design thinking and the skills required for creating design, management and technological solutions to a range of challenges.
- focuses on interior spatial interventions in the context of existing or new buildings
- develops advanced design, management and technical skills
- enables you to focus on areas of interest to you
- benefits from strong links with industry
- offers extensive opportunities to work on live design projects
- is available full-time, part-time and by continuing professional development.
This visual and interactive course gives you the opportunity to become an architectural design innovator and problem solver, combining practical skills with spatial awareness, practical applications and function. You will gain a deep understanding of the role of an interior architect, ready to move straight into industry upon graduation.
How you're taught
Teaching and learning methods include lectures, seminars, tutorials, critiques, case studies, workshops, site visits and field trips. Project work will be individual and group based.
There will be input from external professional organisations to bring you into contact with specific up to date, high quality expertise.
In addition to the delivery of design, management and technical knowledge, the course also pays special attention to developing key skills in independent learning and research.
How will I be assessed?
The ethos of combining theory and practice is strongly reflected in the nature of assessments. All assessment is coursework based, requiring students to undertake practical work together with research and critical evaluation to demonstrate the link between theory and practice. The main assessment methods are:
- narrative and visually based essays
- individual and group design projects and reports
- individual and group presentations
Find out more about our facilities at NTU
Careers and employability
The course's multidisciplinary approach will open doors for you to work in a variety of roles within art, design and architectural practices.
Recent graduate roles have included interior architect, interior designer, retail architect, in design firms and consultancies in the UK and overseas.