Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the only international collaborative university in China where all undergraduate (Bachelors) students receive two degrees (dual award) from the Chinese Ministry of Education and from the University of Liverpool. Masters students will receive a degree from the University of Liverpool.
Founded in 2006, the University now has over 10,000 students on campus with a further 2,500 studying at Liverpool under a 2+2 articulation agreement. XJTLU undergraduate students may study the entire degree programme in Suzhou, China, or start study in Suzhou and then complete the final two years at the University of Liverpool.
At XJTLU, International students who are native or near-native English Language speakers can be exempt from the XJTLU Year 1 study and complete their degree in three years (subject to qualifications).
XJTLU is independent, but draws for guidance and experience upon its two parent universities, both of which are over one hundred years old and highly respected international pioneers. The University recruits students from China and abroad at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and also receives visiting, exchange and Chinese Language Studies students.
- All degree programmes taught in English: Over 70 undergraduate degree and masters programmes.
- More than 500 academic staff members from 50 countries.
- World-class learning and teaching facilities on an award-winning campus.
- Internationally-recognised UK degree from the University of Liverpool.
- Undergraduate students receive two degrees (dual award) upon completion of an undergraduate programme (the XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and the University of Liverpool degree).
- Masters and PhD will receive a degree from the University of Liverpool.
- All international students have the opportunity to study Chinese throughout their degree or as separate short courses.
Our XJTLU Global team provides a range of services to help make students' experience at XJTLU go smoothly. The team help with all questions that international students have whilst at the University and in China. There is a range of facilities to be accessed plus a support network for international students and their families to ensure that students enjoy their time here.
Located in Suzhou (SIP), China
- One of the largest economies in China (in terms of GDP)
- A modern international city which maintains its cultural heritage
- Lower living cost compared to neighbouring Shanghai (25 minutes away by high-speed train)
Learn Chinese while you study for your degree
- All international students have the opportunity to study Chinese language
- Bilingual graduates (English and Chinese language) are highly sought after in the global job market
Great career prospects
- Enhanced employment prospects as a result of (i) globally recognised degree (ii) multilingualism (iii) knowledge of China and cultural understanding
- Many of our graduates go on to do Masters and PhDs at universities ranking within the global top 100