This summer school, held by Suzhou Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District, is China's first and only summer school for middle and high school students, giving you a chance to experience life at a top joint-venture university before you make application decisions.
The bilingual summer school is open to all middle and high school students in China, including graduates, and runs from Saturday 5 to Sunday 13 August 2017.
It is organised by Study@Dushu Lake, a platform set up by SEID to promote study opportunities in the area.
Why join us on this summer school?
- Experience university life at XJTLU and international education in China, from attending lectures and working in state-of-the-art facilities to meeting current students and learning about the student clubs and organisations on offer
- Get academic support from international staff at XJTLU, covering distinctive areas of study including computer science, laboratory, biology, industrial design, academic English, Chinese and western culture.
- Discover how XJTLU prepares you for academic study through its excellent English for Academic Purposes support
- Be among the first students to experience this new kind of summer school and learn more about the differences between XJTLU and traditional Chinese universities
- Have fun, make new friends and develop new skills by taking part in exciting activities such as golf and archery.
Knowledge and skills
- The bilingual programme focuses on improving your abilities in bilingual expression, academic English, innovative thinking and team work
- Meet XJTLU students and alumni who will share information about the university application system, as well as life on campus
- Develop your time management, planning and decision-making skills with the professional and experienced coaching team made up of staff from XJTLU and SEID
- Take time to consider your career plans and how university education will help you achieve them.