Marketing plays a key role in the success of any organisation. It is not just about advertising and selling, but also a process of creating value for customers and building customer relationships.
The BA Marketing programme will provide you with the knowledge, skills, business awareness, and confidence that will enable you to succeed in marketing and the wider business world. By learning how firms identify their target markets, position their products, and satisfy their customers' needs through a range of marketing strategies, you will learn to appreciate the nature of marketing and the important role it plays in creating competitive advantage for an organisation.
Why should I study Marketing at XJTLU?
- International Business School Suzhou provides a truly international learning environment through our culturally diverse academic staff and student profile
- We adopt a combined Western and Eastern teaching style and employ a range of innovative teaching and learning methods such as student-led seminars and business simulations
- We offer opportunities to meet industry experts and learn from real-world marketing activities inside and outside the classroom
- You will earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BA Marketing programme, you will be able to:
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of marketing theories and consumer behaviour
- develop a professional marketing plan for business clients
- apply a range of marketing tools and techniques to critically address specific business situations
- apply a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods to make informed marketing decisions
- develop and practice a range of intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills that are relevant to marketing and business.
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Consumer behaviours
- Integrated marketing communications
- Introduction to organisation and management
- Introduction to international business and management
- Introduction to financial accounting and accountability
- Principles of microeconomics
- Foundations of finance.
- Retail marketing
- Corporate social responsibility
- Theory of the firm
- E-business systems
- Services marketing
- E-marketing: strategies and techniques
- Market research.
- International marketing
- Relationship marketing
- Critical issues in marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Final year project.
- Psychological approaches to decision-making
- Business in the Asia-Pacific region
- Corporate communication
- Managing people
- International economic relations
- e-Business models and strategies
- Strategic management and business policy.
Our marketing graduates are represented at leading national and international companies working in positions such as marketing consultants, brand managers, marketing research analysts, and media planners. Alternatively, some graduates take a different path and progress on to postgraduate study, notably at prestigious UK institutions.