Come to XJTLU to learn the most widely-spoken language in the world at a leading Sino-British University. Experience quality teaching in culturally rich, historic Suzhou.
We offer non-degree Chinese language courses for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and advanced learners (HSK1-HSK5/CEFR A1-C1).
Our spring semester course starts on Thursday 1 March 2018 and runs until Friday 1 June 2018.
There are 12 hours of standard classes per week, scheduled on four weekday mornings.
Additional Chinese cultural sessions and HSK exam preparation workshops are also provided during the programme as part of the course fee.
Who are our courses designed for?
- people who want to come to China to study the Chinese language intensively, either from complete beginner level or to build on existing Chinese language knowledge
- expat residents of Suzhou who would like to study the Chinese language and be more engaged with the academic community at a vibrant international university
- people who would like to enhance their Chinese language skills before or after enrolling on/completing a degree programme in China.
Why choose our Chinese Language Courses?
- small class sizes - more teacher support and opportunities for communication
- tuition tailored to your level - a range of levels offered from beginner to advanced
- quality teaching - our teachers are qualified, experienced, and committed to enhancing your learning
- integrated, real-world learning - our courses help you to combine listening, speaking, reading and writing skills to respond to real-life situations using Chinese
- optional HSK preparation workshops - for HSK 3, 4 and 5 (included in the course price)
- native-speaker language partners - practice Chinese, learn about China, or just have a chat
- cultural activities and field trips - understand more about China and Chinese culture
- traveller/family friendly teaching schedule - normal classes are compressed into four days per week, allowing more time for travel around the local area, or for other family commitments
- full access to university services and resources.
- join a welcoming, vibrant, international student community
- full access to university services including:
- assistance with arrival (airport pick up included)
- University insurance for international students
- University email and wi-fi access
- the XJTLU library (including online access)
- campus sports facilities (gym, tennis and basketball courts)
- international student support services (a dedicated one-stop drop in centre)
- a multitude of XJTLU student clubs.
Knowledge and skills
- develop integrated Chinese language listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- build confidence in using the Chinese language in real-life situations
- prepare for HSK exams to certify your Chinese language skills
- deepen your understanding of modern life in China