This dynamic, contemporary and innovative programme prepares you for management positions across a wide range of industries. It is also designed to assist current managers in preparation for more senior roles.
Open to those with an undergraduate degree in any discipline, the MSc Management programme offers you broad theoretical and practical knowledge of management. The modules cover many topics of relevance to managers both in China and internationally, including international business, strategy, finance, leadership, marketing and entrepreneurship. You will also complete a research project or dissertation on a management-related topic of your choice in consultation with the programme director.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.
Why should I study Management at XJTLU?
International Business School Suzhou offers practical business engagement at all levels. A number of business executives will share their practical experiences in guest lectures, while visits to corporations will enhance your real business life experience.
Knowledge and skills
The MSc Management programme will equip you with:
- a rich understanding of management practices and theories
- insights into how to conduct a broad range of managerial functions and tasks
- an awareness of the demands of management in business
- research skills through project and dissertation work
- potential work experience through internships (for students who are not already employed)
- excellent networking possibilities.
- International business
- Accounting and financial management
- Strategic organisational design
- Strategic business analysis
- Business leadership
- Marketing management
- Strategic operations management
- Entrepreneurship and business creation
- Dissertation or business project.
Additional learning activity
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.
The additional learning activities on MSc Management include:
- Introduction to research methods
- Personal and employability skills
- Operations modelling and simulation
- Postgraduate English
- Chinese language
- Graduate teaching assistantship
- Graduate research assistantship
- Independent study with an IBSS Tutor
- Participation in IBSS research seminar series
- Writing of scholarly research paper
- Presentation of Scholarly Research Paper
- Thomson One Certificate achievement
- EIKON Certificate achievement
- Datastream Certificate achievement
- Professional software skills
- Volunteer work for University and school projects and events
- In-company project
- Field trip/company visit
- Career development activities
- Graduate work placement
- SAP TERP10 Certificate achievement
Surrounded by many of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies and top Chinese companies, IBSS and our career development team are ideally located for deep engagement with potential national and multinational employers to identify the best job opportunities for our MSc Management students.
This programme includes career skills and personal development support to assist you with career evaluation, job searches, and professional skills development, such as:
- consultations with our career development team
- guidance on job search techniques
- coaching in writing cover letters and CVs as well as interview skills
- building and assessing soft competencies like working in teams, communication and presentation skills
- assistance in employment and work permit issues.