The BA Business Administration programme offers you a comprehensive introduction to business. You will be introduced to real-world business problems and analyse how these may be solved.
By the end of your degree, you will have the knowledge, skills, and commercial awareness to pursue a successful career in a wide variety of public, private, and not-for-profit organisations.
Why should I study Business Administration at XJTLU?
- Business administration enables students to develop comprehensive knowledge and skills related to business and management. You will learn about every functional role of companies and how these functions are connected
- The programme offers many shared modules and elective modules, which enables you to develop broad-based business knowledge, including in marketing, human resource management, accounting, finance, and operations management
- Interactive learning methods, including case studies, group projects and student presentations, are widely used in business administration modules
- The programme emphasizes practice and business engagement. Guest lecturers from industry are invited to share with students their real-business insights and experience
- You will have the opportunity to go on field trips and company visits to get first hand business knowledge.
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate, you will be able to:
- understand the different ways in which businesses can be organised
- reflect critically and holistically on the organisation and operation of businesses
- apply a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods to solve business problems
- understand the social, cultural, and economic contexts in which businesses operate.
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Year Two will provide you with a firm foundation in business administration. You will study the following core modules:
- Introduction to organisation and management
- Quantitative methods
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Introduction to financial accounting and accountability
- Introduction to managerial accounting
- Economic principles for business and markets
- Introduction to human resource management
- Principles of operations.
- Career skills and current issues in business
- Theory of the firm
- Corporate social responsibility
- International business
- Business and employment law
- Introduction to finance.
You will also choose two from the following optional modules:
- Market research
- Services marketing
- International development
- Final year project
- Strategic management and business policy
- Psychological approaches to decision-making
- Managing people
- Corporate communication.
You will also choose from the following optional modules:
- Marketing strategy
- E-business models and strategies
- International economic relations.
The BA Business Administration programme provides a broad introduction to the business world, so you will be equipped to work in a wide variety of roles within public, private, and not-for-profit organisations. Your knowledge of business practices in Eastern and Western countries will enable you to work with confidence in international organisations. The knowledge you gain on this programme will also give you a strong foundation for further study.