Illinois Institute of Technology is (also referred to as Illinois Tech) home to more than 7,800 students from 130 countries enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs in engineering, the sciences, architecture, human sciences, design, business, applied technology, and law.
Illinois Tech has been named an educational “Best Value” by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Fiske Guide to Colleges.
Co-terminal degree programs allow students to earn both bachelors and master's degrees in as few as five years.
95% of full-time instructional faculty members hold a doctorate or terminal degree.
What Makes Illinois Institute of Technology Stand Out?
- Illinois Tech has been named an educational “Best Value” by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Fiske Guide to College
- $8,000 per year scholarships available
- Chicago was ranked as Best City in the World by Time-Out Magazine, based on affordability, culture, food, drink, happiness, neighborhoods, livability, pride and friendliness
- 7th in the Global Cities Index and
- 15th in Global Cities Outlook making it a Global Elite City by ATKearney.
Illinois Institute of Technology is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In addition to comprehensive, university-wide accreditation, Illinois Tech’s individual academic units and programs may fall under the purview of specialized/program accreditors. Such accreditation includes:
- Armour College of Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- The College of Architecture NAAB-accredited programs include the Bachelor of Architecture and Master of Architecture.
- The College of Science B.S. in Computer Science Program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- The Lewis College of Human Sciences Clinical Psychology Program is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The Lewis College of Human Sciences Rehabilitation Counseling Psychology Program is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education.
- The School of Applied Technology Bachelor of Information Technology and Management Program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Stuart School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
- English Language Services (ELS) is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation for the period April 2018 through April 2023.