The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance award covers both financial and managerial aspects of accounting. Both theoretical and applied areas of both disciplines will be covered during the award. It covers the in-depth knowledge of the core areas for those intending to move in the Accounting profession.Course Objective
- To enable students with different abilities and different educational experiences to benefit intellectually and vocationally from their education in Accounting and Finance.
- To provide a stimulating and accessible course of study that gives students a sound grasp of analysis and contemporary Accounting and/or Finance issues which the student can develop and apply in their future employment.
- To develop skills in problem solving and decision making.
- To facilitate progression, both academic and vocational, by means of developing knowledge and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning.
- To encourage the development of a range of skills, both discipline specific and more general, which will enhance career opportunities.