We are currently experiencing a boom in the construction industry and companies in the sector are actively searching for civil engineers. In this context, Rushmore Business School is offering a degree in Civil Engineering to equip candidates with the relevant skills to join the construction industry.
The aim of this degree programme is to provide students with a sound knowledge and understanding of the subject of Civil Engineering and the potential to practice in a range of contexts, with an awareness of their responsibilities to society and the environment.Course Objective
The course aims to:
- Solve civil engineering problems in practice by applying fundamental knowledgeof mathematics, science, and engineering and by using modern engineering techniques, skills and tools, particularly recognizing the role that computers play in engineering.
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems, particularly the planning, design, construction and operation of systems, components or processes that meet specified performance, cost, time, safety and quality needs and objectives.
- Obtain a broad education necessary to understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, societal and environmental context consistent with the principles of sustainable development.
- Design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret data within the various civil engineering disciplines.
- Function and communicate effectively both individually and within multidisciplinary teams.
- Obtain a solid understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and a recognition of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Experience an academic environment that facilities and encourages learning and retention.