BTEC Higher National Diplomas are designed to provide a specialist vocational programme, linked to professional body requirements and a strong work related emphasis. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their specialist sector and their wide recognition by employers allows progression directly into employment. BTEC Higher Nationals offer a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in their sector. Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment gives students the opportunity to develop an understanding of core areas of construction and the building sector including business techniques and project management.
This course will prepare students for a wide range of civil engineering careers- Site Manager; Construction Consultant; Estimator; Civil Works Engineer; Structural Engineer; Surveyor; Opportunities within Public and Private Sectors.
Rushmore Business School is offering a BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment, a BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering) and a BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering); with the aim to equip candidates with the relevant skills to join the construction industry.
Students who have completed the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) may proceed to the BSC (Hons) Civil Engineering (Final Year) offered in collaboration with Leeds Metropolitan University (UK) in Mauritius.Course Objective
- To foster a critical and reflective understanding of the areas of study and their application.
- To assist students to develop a range of skills and competencies which will enable them to make an effective contribution to their chosen careers.
- To create a range of learning opportunities which facilitate access and progression to allow personal and career development and their achievement of appropriate awards.
- To establish an appropriate foundation for a lifetime of continuing professional development.
- To develop an appreciation of the inter-relationships between the professions and specialisms involved in the built environment.