We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
Exposure to quantitative subjects
Exposure to quantitative subjects (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics etc.) from previous studies or work experience is essential for this course.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.0 in all components
- TOEFL - 92 total and minimum component scores of 18 Reading, 19 Listening, 19 Speaking and 23 Writing
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test you have undertaken. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their chosen Cranfield course can apply to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses.