Business Management at Heriot-Watt is ranked 3rd in Scotland and top 10 in the UK in the Guardian University League Tables 2018. We offer six flexible undergraduate pathways in International Business Management which cover our core areas of expertise with a strong industry focus.
- International Business Management MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Business Law MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Enterprise MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Human Resource Management MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Marketing MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Year Abroad MA (Hons)
With each of these specialisms we aim to provide our students with the skills and expertise they need to thrive in the positions, organisations and industries of the future by reflecting the most current thinking and practices of successful organisations and their leaders.
To achieve this we take an innovative approach to learning and teaching which puts cutting-edge business theory through a 'real-world filter'. This sees regular industry speakers and case-study driven assignments bring our teaching in business management to life.
Heriot-Watt University's unique Go Global project is fully available to those studying our Undergraduate International Business Management degrees, meaning our students can study one or more semesters of their degree across our three main campuses in Edinburgh, Dubai and Malaysia. The chance to travel, study and gain experience in three different countries with very different cultures helps prepare our students to become global citizens and stand out in recruitment markets following graduation.
Our MA in International Business Management with a Year Abroad offers students further scope to gain global experience as they study the entirety of Year 3 at one of partner institutions in one of our partner institutions worldwide.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) for the purpose of gaining CIM qualifications through the Multi-Award Pathway (MAP).
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) International Business Management students are doing six months after graduating:
- 60% are working
- 15% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 55% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Welfare and housing associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Skilled trades occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Customer service occupations
- Elementary occupations