Heriot-Watt is one of the world’s leading universities with strong links to international business and industry driven by our established reputation as a top research-led institution. With a rich heritage stretching back to 1821, we are a truly global university bringing together scholars who are leaders in ideas and solutions delivering innovation, educational excellence and ground-breaking research.
There are six different schools at Heriot-Watt University. These are:
- The School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society
- The School of Life Sciences
- The School of Management and Languages
- The School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- The School of Textiles and Design
- Edinburgh Business School
Outside of academic studies, students can partake in sports clubs, of which belong to the Sports Union. There are currently 30 sports clubs at the University, and there are annual social events that run alongside the clubs for those students involved. There are also over 50 societies for the students to become part of, which are run by the Students Union. On site students can also find a nightclub, an advice centre and a student shop.