The MA (Hons) in Accountancy and Business Law is a joint degree giving equal emphasis to the study of accountancy and the study of law and provides a wide range of employment options. The degree is suited to applicants who wish to develop a career in legal administration within a corporate environment, within the accountancy profession or the general financial services sector.
Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for the purpose of exemptions from some professional examinations.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations through the Accredited degree accelerated route.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
Accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland (ICAS) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) Accountancy and Business Law students are doing six months after graduating:
- 70% are working
- 0% are studying
- 20% are working and studying.
- 85% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £20000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Architects, town planners and surveyors
- Administrative occupations
- Customer service occupations