Data plays a major role in modern organisations, especially in research and developing business strategies, so employees with the skills to translate complicated data sets into solutions are in demand. Develop valuable data analysis skills to find solutions for businesses everywhere on this Master’s course.
Why this MSc Data Analytics?
With an MSc in Data Analytics, you can take your interest in data into a role that specifically calls for your talents.
On this course, you'll be taught critical thinking and analysis skills by academics conducting research into artificial intelligence, machine learning and other areas relevant to data analytics.
You’ll sharpen your technical and technological abilities and master data mining tools, analysing real data gathered from our cosmology, cybersecurity and health informatics research.
What you’ll study
On this course, you'll:
- Become familiar with popular software and tools such as Knime, Tableau, Hadoop and Spark
- Get remote access to our computer clusters and supercomputers
- Analyse real data to provide answers for practical problems
- Learn about applied data analytics and engineering, advanced data management, big data applications and business intelligence
- Discover and manage the business value provided by data sets
How you're assessed
All assessments for this course are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Practical work, including task-based exercises
- Written assignments
- Master’s Engineering or Study Project
You'll also receive formal and informal tutor feedback to help you improve future work.