West Dean College in the UK has an international reputation for excellence in conservation and creative arts. Whether you are exploring your options for a Foundation degree, diploma or postgraduate study to Masters level, you can expect a rich learning experience that will equip you with advanced practical skills. Our low student-to-staff ratio (average 8:1) means there is a great degree of individual tuition.
Open debate and exchange of ideas and information is encouraged, ensuring West Dean College alumni are amongst the leading practitioners in their field and can be found worldwide.
Why West Dean College?
- Degrees and diplomas are validated by the University of Sussex
- Low student-to-staff ratio
- Teaching from specialists in their field
- Individual studio space in fully equipped workshops, open 7 days a week
- Bursary and scholarship opportunities
- Strong connections in the heritage and arts sectors
- Facilities include exhibition space, specialist arts and conservation library, analytical laboratory and artist-in-residence programme
Join the large international community of students at West Dean College. Many students are from countries such as Australia, USA, Japan, South Korea, Poland, Germany, Iceland and the West Indies, making a culturally diverse community. For most programmes, the fees are the same for national and international students. There are bursary opportunities for all.
At West Dean College you are only 12 miles from the coast and 23 miles from the lively port city of Portsmouth which is great for shopping and entertainment. Only 6 miles away is the bustling Georgian city of Chichester with its vibrant cultural and sporting scene and train station. London is 65 miles away with convenient rail and road links. The College’s close proximity to Gatwick airport, cross-channel ports and the Channel Tunnel, means that European cities can be reached in just a few hours.