Our Engineering Physics degree looks at engineering applications of physics in areas such as Microelectronics, Optics and Electromagnetism. It will help you develop a creative approach to solving engineering-related problems.
The course includes practical, theoretical and skill-based studies in Materials Science, Electronics, and Computer Modelling. This Engineering Physics degree will give you the knowledge and skills required by both the industry and service sectors. You'll also be well prepared for a career in research.
The honours degree in Engineering Physics is accredited by the Institute of Physics (IOP).
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Engineering Physics students are doing six months after graduating:
- 45% are working
- 45% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 55% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £24000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Sales occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Engineering professionals
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Elementary occupations