This programme is intended for economists who wish to specialise in finance, and for managers seeking to improve their knowledge of economics and finance.
Programme Content and Structure
- Financial Markets
- Financial Regulation
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Corporate Governance
- Theoretical Approaches to the Multinational Enterprise (MNE)
- Global Strategy and Implications of Multinational Enterprise
- Dissertation (12 month students)
- Research Project (9 month students)
- Financial Development in Emerging Markets
- Banking in Transition Economies
- Business and Management in Emerging Markets
Applicants are expected to have obtained an upper second class honours degree or equivalent which includes a good grounding in economics.
For those whose first language is not English, a pass in an approved English test is required. Applicants need either an average score of 7.0 on IELTS or 600 in written TOEFL or at least 250 overall in computer-based TOEFL with no significant weakness in any area.
How and when to apply
- Complete, as fully as possible, the University of Reading postgraduate application form available from the Postgraduate Admissions Office in the Business School or online http://www.rdg.ac.uk/pg/pages/apply/pg-applicationform.asp
- Obtain two academic references.
- Enclose a copy of your degree certificate and academic transcripts.
- Apply as early as possible.
Fees, expenses and scholarships
For up to date information regarding living costs, please see the Postgraduate accommodation and living costs section at: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/pg For details of awards and studentships please see: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/studentship
Each year, the Business School offers scholarships covering tuition fees to outstanding students pursuing masters programmes. For further information, please see the news and events section of: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/business
Career development loans are government sponsored and allow UK-based applicants to borrow up to 80 per cent of course costs for a programme of no more than one-year duration. Application details can be obtained directly from the bank or by calling Free phone 0800 585505. See also: http://www.lifelonglearning.co.uk/cdl
For further information please contact:
Postgraduate Admissions Office, The University of Reading Business School, P.O Box 218, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 118 378 8226, Fax: +44 (0) 118 975 0236, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.rdg.ac.uk/business