This Online MSc in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship from the University of Portsmouth aims to help you gain creative, analytical skills that can be applied to improve any kind of business - start-up, a medium-sized enterprise or a large business across the private or public sector.
You can successfully use your knowledge to become an entrepreneur or to manage innovation for an existing business. You will be taught by academics with practical experience, so you'll receive real-world information that can be applied in your job.
This master course aims to help students even after their graduation. That's why the graduates become part of the Alumni Association which allows them to get connected with accomplished professionals from all over the world.
This MSc also involves optional face-to-face events that represent a great opportunity to socialise. This MSc has three start dates throughout the year, so you can enrol anytime is right for you.
Main reasons to study this programme
In this programme you will:
- Understand how key innovation management and entrepreneurship structures work
- Become able to guide the development of business strategies
- Understand the internal and external factors that can influence innovation
- Learn how to better target a product by conducting market studies and customer studies. Understand the impact of market changes on the company
- Understand the importance of financing business operations and the financial evaluation of new products and startups
- Entrepreneurship Theory
- Innovation Management
- Managing New Product Development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing
- Research Methods and Dissertation
This MSc involves assessments based on coursework and submitted online. You will be assessed through:
- Oral presentations
- Written assignments
- A dissertation
Teachers will also give you formal and informal feedback so you can improve your work in the future.
Career prospects and opportunities
The knowledge and skills gained in this Master’s course will allow you to advance your position in your current organisation, help you find a position in a new company, or even to start a new business.
As an Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship graduate, you’ll have job opportunities in many areas.
Some examples of roles are:
- Product Innovation Manager
- Innovation Specialist
- Research and Innovation Director
- Business Owner
The University of Portsmouth aims to facilitate student job placement. That's why after graduation you will be part of the Alumni Association. This way you will be able to network with professionals from all over the world and create connexions that may lead to new career opportunities.