Do you see yourself in management? Are you ready to sharpen your leadership skills and learn how to get the best out of your team? On this MSc Business and Management degree course, you'll gain the skills and confidence to get your career off to a flying start.
The MSc Business and Management degree is ideal if you want to pursue a postgraduate course in management. You'll study key themes including internationalisation and corporate engagement, so when you graduate, you'll be qualified for a career in all kinds of organisations, whether in the UK or further afield.
You'll have the tools you need to enter the world of business, or to work in the public or private sectors in industries such as banking, commerce, finance and recruitment.
This course has EPAS accreditation. EPAS is a scheme operated by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), a European network that promotes and enhances excellence in management development internationally.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Use case studies to analyse complex problems, explore the uncertain nature of business, evaluate possible solutions and plan their implementation
- Study business topics, including marketing, HR, economics, operations management, corporate strategy and financial management
- Complete a business research project, with the option to specialise in a management area of your choice
- Have the opportunity to undertake a work placement and complete a work-based project
- Tap in to our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the world of business.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- one-on-one tutorials
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- preparation of web pages
- poster and oral presentations
- project reports
- literature reviews
- book chapters
You'll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in business or management roles.
What jobs can you do with a Business and Management degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Management graduate trainee
- Trainee trader
- Business development and consultancy
- Financial and risk analysis
- Sales and marketing co-ordinator
- Market researcher
Alternatively, you may choose to start your own business, or enter further academic study. Whatever you decide to do, you'll get advice and support from our Careers and Employability Service.