This programme provides graduates with advanced mathematical skills and fluency in their chosen language, offering a valuable combination of technical expertise and linguistic excellence. Mathematical and language skills will be enhanced by studying mathematics for a year at one of the foreign partner universities. Languages on offer are French (G1R1), German (G1R2) and Spanish (G1R4). Graduates in mathematics and languages are consistently near the top of graduate employment tables, and the coupling of disciplines in this degree programme ensures a highly marketable qualification.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Mathematics with German students are doing six months after graduating:
- 62% are working
- 20% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals