Mechanical Engineering offers an exciting environment where many skills are brought together to create innovative products and the infrastructure and technology for manufacture. The first two Levels provide a grounding in the core disciplines of Mechanical Engineering, which allows students to make an informed choice of the subsequent options. An individual project forms part of Year 4.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 65% are working
- 35% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 65% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £23000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Sales occupations