Situated in the heart of Western Europe, KU Leuven (University of Leuven) has been a centre of learning for nearly six centuries. Today, it is Belgium's largest university and one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Europe.
KU Leuven is home to a vibrant community of international scholars spread out over its various campuses. 14% of the university’s 54,000 students are international representing 140 countries. KU Leuven's three doctoral schools provide internationally oriented PhD tracks for more than 4,000 doctoral students.
Entry requirements to the university may vary depending on your subject of choice and level of study. You are advised to contact the institution for further information on international entry requirements for your country.
As a leading European research university and co-founder of the League of European Research Universities (LERU), KU Leuven offers a wide variety of programmes in English, all supported by high-quality, innovative, interdisciplinary research.
The university offer many courses in the following academic departments:
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
- Faculty of Engineering Science
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Canon Law
- Institute of Philosophy