Our MSc International Finance and Investment programme will provide you with skills and expertise to appraise issues facing financial market participants and to improve the practice of investment and risk management in a sustainable and ethical manner. It focuses on trading portfolio management and corporate finance following latest developments in the finance field by offering Financial Technology (FinTech) as a core module. You will be taught by research active academics who are able to bring fresh insights into their teaching. Research strengths include Corporate Finance, Financial Economics, International Finance, Project Finance, Accounting, Financial Markets and Corporate Governance. Teaching is academically rigorous and strong emphasis is placed on practical relevance.
This course is ideal for students who wish to pursue careers in, investment banking trading, asset management, portfolio investment, hedge funds, corporate finance management and financial analysis or to pursue further studies in finance.
The course offers a range of benefits including:
- Intensive use of the Bloomberg Trading Room via your core modules in Applied Trading and Portfolio Management
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics at the forefront of their fields
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
- Course accredited by the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI), enabling you to gain a CISI professional qualification while studying for your MSc
- Opportunity to pursue an Executive Company Project, or traditional dissertation during the summer
- A contemporary choice of optional modules including: Behavioural Finance, Sustainable Banking, Finance and Development, and Financial Derivatives
- Teaching from academics with experience across many segments of the finance industry
- There are also opportunities to get involved with a DMU Global international experience programme such as a visit to New York City's financial district