The MSc programme is rooted in mathematics and engineering, while our innovative department optimises the programme’s relevance by including disciplines such as linguistics, psychology, economics, physics, and music. These programmes are geared towards developing students’ professional skills needed for employment while also being able to adapt to rapidly changing technology while working effectively, professionally, and ethically in computing-related professions, as demonstrated by their communications, teamwork, and leadership skills.
Year 1 | Students begin the programme already having foundational knowledge of programming and mathematics including data structures, algorithms, statistics, and machine learning. During the first year, their knowledge of mathematics, programming, and data analysis will be significantly built upon. This programme also offers the opportunity to learn the key soft skills for the professional world including technical project management, writing, and presenting.
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Object-Oriented Programming (C++)
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Theory of Probability and Statistics
- Introduction to Interaction Design
- Master's Machine Learning
- Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Technical Writing and Presenting
- Technical Project Management
- Statistical Data Analysis
Year 2 | During the second year of the programme students will primarily focus on learning key applications of the computer science as well as advanced methods in programming.
- Parallel and Disrtibuted Computing
- Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation
- Foundations of Cryptography
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Virtualization and Java VM
- Information Technology Management
- Mobile Application Development
- Software Testing, Verification and Validation
- Algorithms in Bioinformatics
- Spectral Graph Analysis and Data Science Applications