Program goal: Studying biodiversity and the means of its conservation by the example of the Ural region located at the border between Europe and Asia/ studying the use of biological resources in innovative bio- and pharmaceutical technologies.
- Biodiversity ‒ from molecular genetics to population and coenosis level (morphological and molecular genetics identification of objects, their anatomical and morphological, physiological and biochemical and population characteristics);
- Biodiversity of plants, fungi and animals of the Urals;
- The processes and results of introgressive hybridization;
- Relicts and endemic species – living witnesses of past epochs;
- Adventitious species: a threat to native (autochthonous) biodiversity or its completion?
- Biodiversity in a changing climate and human impact;
- Ural region as an area for studies of biodiversity on the border of natural ecosystems (altitudinal and latitudinal gradients, eastern-western slopes, lakes and rivers, swamps and meadows, coniferous and deciduous forests, steppes and tundra).
Final examination: Master’s thesis defense
- Several platforms for studying biodiversity: Biological station, Botanical gardens, expeditions, University laboratories
- Field trips and expeditions
- Unique opportunities for studying different types of natural communities in different climatic zones within one region
Career opportunities: : program graduates are qualified to start career in research and project institutions working in the spheres of biology and ecology, as well as environmental services.