Commercial property management, valuation, and planning and development are all covered in detail in a course which delivers a fully rounded skill set for those embarking into the world of estate management. The course reflects the academic underpinning necessary for a career as a surveyor with RICS or other related international professional bodies. It provides you with the insights and learning you’ll need to enrich your knowledge and strengthen your CV.
Who should study this course?
This course is primarily designed for existing property professionals who can benefit significantly by studying while working. The course is also suitable for those working outside the industry, looking for a change in career.
- Progress towards Membership of RICS
- Gain extensive knowledge of the key practice areas of real estate
- Offers the opportunity to specialise in property development and investment, and environmental law
Below is a list of the modules included in this course and the structure which they follow.
Full module descriptions can be found at www.cem.ac.uk/em
- Legal Studies – Level 4
- People and Organisational Management – Level 4
- Financial and Resource Management – Level 4
- Economics – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 1 – Simple Construction – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 2 – Framed Structures – Level 4
- Property Law – Level 5
- Planning, Policy and Practice – Level 5
- Development Process and Appraisal – Level 5
- Valuation – Context and Principles – Level 5
- Valuation – Core Methods –- Level 5
- Economics of Property and Construction – Level 5
- Commercial Property Management – Level 6
- Applied Valuation – Level 6
- Project – Level 6
- Statutory Valuation – Level 6
- Investment – Level 6
- Strategic Facilities Management – Level 6
- Planning and Environmental Law – Level 6
- Construction Law – Level 6
- Professional Surveying Practice – Level 6
Note: Statutory Valuation is a requirement for those intending to practise in Singapore.